Thursday, February 13, 2014

#WhyILoveLanka

Short post here.
I was spending my valentines day like any other valentines day, in Twitter. And I stumbled across this hashtag #WhyILoveLanka where tweeps were sharing their love towards Sri Lanka. My friends and I were talking about this incident that happened to my friends, And that's the first thing that came to my mind.

Two of my school friends (one of them is my university mate too) were going to my university in a motorcycle. And the friend who was driving it forgot to take his Licence with him. One day you don't bring it with you and that is the day Police stops your vehicle. They can sense it, no body knows how but they can.
That policeman asks for 500 Rs to let them go free. These two had only 300 Rs with them. So they said they have only 300 with them, can he manage with that. That police guy sensed these 2 are going to the campus.
First thing he said was
 Have you both had your lunch? .
 And he continued if they need that money for their lunch they can go free without giving it.
If not for the Sri Lankan police who'd have uttered those words. Here he was on the cusp of receiving bribe, even then he cares about these 2. And he doesn't want these 2 starve because of him. I don't think any other country policemen would show some kindness before getting a bribe. #WhyILoveLanka
These 2 have said no we have already eaten you can take the money.  Even then he didn't want to take it. In the end he reluctantly took it.
#WhyILoveLanka

No comments:

Post a Comment